Audition Warm Ups:
– Slides and scales as normal (with the break)
– Then na/yeahs & the arpeggio with repeating top notes “na na na”
– Sing through normally to warm your voice up: use falsetto
– Then start bringing in volume and character – repeat a few times
– Don’t worry if it slips into falsetto – once your voice does this, just let it stay there rather than pushing – it sounds good!
– Spend time on the ending – making sure “won’t give” and “pup grows up” don’t drop after the high notes (and don’t let them drop with tiredness after going back to the start)
Try these high versions to make the original seem less high!
One semitone higher:
Two semitones higher:
– Get yourself back into it and remember 6 beats in between each line 🙂
GOOD LUCK FOR THE AUDITION! XXX