Hello to all! Welcome to the Music Teachers’ Forum, a space to share support, network and have fun with other music teachers located across the globe.

If you have a question, from how to deal with lesson cancellations to the best resources for your lessons, that you would like other music teachers to help you with don’t hesitate to post it here.

Please note: although this is a closed group, it is not a private group. For Questions / Support / To Report Abuse – please email:Send Mail

Any tips on how to deal with hayfever? (Singing Teachers)

8 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Veronica Wakeling 1 year, 3 months ago
  • Creator
    Topic
    Beckie Tunnicliffe
    Participant

Any singing teachers got any tips on how to deal with hayfever?

I’ve got a few students suffering and not really sure how to advise them as I’ve (touchwood) never experienced hayfever! Apart from telling them to not take antihistamines right before a performance or lesson that’s all I know…

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Matthew Rusk
    Keymaster
    @Matthew-Rusk

Eliza Jane Fyfe this is something you might know about 🙂

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant
    @Eliza-Fyfe

I’m barely managing my own hay fever 😂

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant
    @Eliza-Fyfe

In fact I didn’t even know you’re not supposed to take antihistamines before singing!

Beckie Tunnicliffe
    Participant
    @Beckie_Oldham

Now you know haha

Beckie Tunnicliffe
    Participant
    @Beckie_Oldham

(It dries out your throat)

Guest Teacher
    @Guest-Teacher

Just remember. Your a coach. Not a pharmacist and I wud just tell them not to bother. Health more important than some things. 😎.

Veronica Wakeling
    Participant
    @Veronica-Wakeling

As a singer/performer/tutor,a very experienced tutor of classical opera I was lucky enough to study with,told me a sweep of vaseline in both nasal passages traps the pollen ,dust etc which then cannot affect the voice…take it out with a good blow before working, performing in your field……IT WORKS

Veronica Wakeling
    Participant
    @Veronica-Wakeling

As a singer/performer/tutor,a very experienced tutor of classical opera I was lucky enough to study with,told me a sweep of vaseline in both nasal passages traps the pollen ,dust etc which then cannot affect the voice…take it out with a good blow before working, performing in your field……IT WORKS

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.