Hello to all! Welcome to the Music Teachers’ forum, a space to share support, network and have fun with other music teachers located across the UK and beyond.

Group Guidelines

Do you believe this is possible? (Singing Teachers)

6 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Eliza Jane Fyfe 5 years, 3 months ago
  • Creator
    Topic

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant

Do you believe that this is actually physically possible, because I’m not sure? 6 mins in… she makes a chord with her voice… it creeps me out and I’m not sure I buy it!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant
    @Eliza-Fyfe

6.12 to be specific

Matt Pocock
    Participant
    @mattpocock

Hey Eliza – saw this one before and I do actually buy it! One tone is definitely made by her true vocal folds, one tone by the whistle in her lips – and the other one could possibly be the action of the AES, but to control it like that is incredible. One possible explanation is that she’s sucking the air in instead of blowing out? But I honestly don’t know. It’s a bloody impressive all-round performance though.

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant
    @Eliza-Fyfe

One of my teacher friends said she thinks it’s something to do with Trachea whistling, so yeah, similar to what you said? She says she has no idea how to do it but that there are some scope vids on youtube that show it such as ‘Mal Webbs vocal adventure’. She said it might also be a falsetto whistle on top of that?!

Matt Pocock
    Participant
    @mattpocock

That sounds about right on the trachea front, though I’ve never heard that term. Could you link that video? Will catch it in the morning – you’re keeping me up with this nerd talk, damn it! 😉

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant
    @Eliza-Fyfe

Haha it’s all her not me! She’s training in Estill

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant
    @Eliza-Fyfe

You can see it if you type it on YouTube… but I don’t mean to be a wimp as I’m usually not squeamish or anything, but I find that hard to watch hahaha

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.