Hello to all! Welcome to the Music Teachers’ Forum, a space to share support, network and have fun with other music teachers located across the globe.

If you have a question, from how to deal with lesson cancellations to the best resources for your lessons, that you would like other music teachers to help you with don’t hesitate to post it here.

Please note: although this is a closed group, it is not a private group. For Questions / Support / To Report Abuse – please email:Send Mail

Parents don’t get terms & conditions (All Teachers)

7 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Joe Bradley 2 years, 5 months ago
  • Creator
    Topic
    Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant

How did this student’s mother manage to make me feel guilty…!!! It is not my problem that you didn’t turn up to the lesson because you had a hectic week and are all stressed! Saying “can’t we just have this missed lesson in the half term” is not how it works….!!! I hate being asked this face to face, as I never know how to say my terms and conditions in the best way when I have the person in front of me. I just said “it’s my paid time, these slots are always booked up.” She said “can’t we just have it next week, you’re full that much in advance?” and I had to explain that the slots are regular and always full unless there’s a cancellation… hence the policy. I just can’t believe she didn’t seem to get it (after a good few months of lessons) and rolled her eyes! I ended up saying “sorry it’s harsh, but everyone is treated the same. No shows, illness… I have to have this policy as it’s my full-time job.” Argh I feel so annoyed by this!!! Rant over.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ruth Adamson
    Participant
    @Ruth_Adamson

I find if so rude for them to even ask… Mine all get the terms and conditions in an email every time they book a lesson.. What’s hard to understand about that then. Rude

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant
    @Eliza-Fyfe

So do mine!

Ruth Adamson
    Participant
    @Ruth_Adamson

Exactly So how dare they even ask then? Don’t they feel even a little bit rude? Lol

Sarah Dunbar
    Participant
    @Sarah_Dunbar

I’ve had lots of this exactly the same experience! So annoying!

Joe Bradley
    Participant
    @Joe_Bradley

Douchebags, all of them… every week I deal with this issue

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant
    @Eliza-Fyfe

I don’t know how this has come up again as it’s a year old, but if you guys want an update, the daughter actually still has lessons and all is going well now… no further hiccups as of yet!

Joe Bradley
    Participant
    @Joe_Bradley

Oh yea! Well it’s an ongoing issue for everyone

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.