Hello to all! Welcome to the Music Teachers’ forum, a space to share support, network and have fun with other music teachers located across the UK and beyond.

Group Guidelines

Welcome to the mgrmusic.com Community (All Teachers)

36 replies, 18 voices Last updated by  Eliza Jane Fyfe 3 years, 3 months ago
  • Creator
    Topic

Matthew Rusk
    Keymaster

Hello and welcome to the mgrmusic.com Community. My name’s Matthew and it is fantastic to have join this group of teachers who are located right across the UK, as well as beyond. Teachers who are able to tutor a huge array of different music instruments, to students of all ages and abilities.

It is a group that I would love you to be able to share ideas of best practice, so for example what to do about lesson cancellations and other challenges that all music teachers ultimately face, as well as maybe resources, articles and videos that other music teachers might find interesting.

Feel free to comment below to introduce yourself to the group, perhaps where you come from and the instruments that you teach. Ultimately, get involved with the community – reach out to fellow music teachers to let them know the problems that maybe you face within your music tuition business and offer support and advice to other music teachers who perhaps ask those questions.

If you are interested in contacting me directly with any problems or anything that you want to raise within the group, feel free just to message the group directly ([email protected]).

Ultimately, I really hope you enjoy this community and get to know other music teachers in what can be quiet an isolated profession – in the sense that may of us teach privately at home and obviously engage heavily with our students, but find it quite hard to reach out to other music teachers both within our city and beyond. I think there is real value in being able to connect – often other teachers have the same challenges that we face, so being able to gain that peer support I think has huge value for one another.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to chatting with you more on the platform!

Viewing 17 replies - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Wes Bond
    Participant
    @Wes_Bond

Damn…

Kat Hunter
    Participant
    @Kat_Hunter

Eliza, how are you already on more than 30 points? You’re like blitzing this paladin +100 health style!

Love the gamification, Matthew! Awesome.

Kat Hunter
    Participant
    @Kat_Hunter

How do you get the level 1 banner?

Matthew Rusk
    Keymaster
    @Matthew-Rusk

Hi Kat,

Glad you like the gamification of the forum, Master Teacher Level 1 badge is award for teachers who post 3 replies in forums (since I have introduced it, so there will be a small number of cases where teachers have replied three times but haven’t won the badge yet). More details about Master Teacher badges can be found Master Teacher Points & Badges Post where I will post the info about the different badges and how to win them 🙂

Wes Bond
    Participant
    @Wes_Bond

Which theoretically means if I reply now… I become level 1 😛

Matthew Rusk
    Keymaster
    @Matthew-Rusk

Congratulations Wes – thankfully the badges system is working and you are up to Master Teacher Level 1!

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant
    @Eliza-Fyfe

I have this many points because I have too much time on my hands. Which makes no sense as these have been the busiest 2 weeks of the year! Maybe it’s my escape!

Eliza Jane Fyfe
    Participant
    @Eliza-Fyfe

I should warn you all at this point of my highly competitive side.. will try not to just turn into a spammer!

Sounds great Matthew. I would suggest making a video game of us all. With a bad guy… which would be your typical non-paying flake of a student.

Leigh Fuge
    Participant
    @Leigh_Fuge

Hey all,

I’m a little slow joining the forum party! But I’ve been working with MGR since July last year. I’m based in South Wales working as a guitar teacher.

It’s great to see a platform where we can interact. I’m also an RGT registered guitar tutor, RGT offer a great interaction based platform in the way of various conferences (For a nice fee of course!), so having somewhere to come and share stories and tips with other teachers is fantastic! I look forward to getting to know you all more 🙂

Thanks,
    Leigh

Jonny Black
    Participant
    @Jonny_Black

Matthew – this is excellent. really easy to use and going to be so helpful.

I’m Jonny, singing teacher in Manchester where business is booming. Look forward to sharing ideas and thoughts on here.

I’m a little late but better late than never and I need to get my points up! (want a badge!)

Jake South
    Participant
    @Jake_South

Bonjour Everyone,

I’m also a little late to the party. I’m Jake, the guitar teacher in Bath.

Look forward to working with some of you on the MGR Christmas album 🙂

Sarah Clayton
    Participant
    @Sarah_Clayton

Hi

I’m Sarah the Bath vocal coach 🙂

Can someone tell me what the Lesson Resources is? I have clicked on the link and there is just one post there at the moment?

Matt?

Matthew Rusk
    Keymaster
    @Matthew-Rusk

@Sarah, thanks for the question 🙂 the “Lesson Resources” part of the website was inspired by other websites that create shared community resources. Essentially it is a place where teachers can create lesson resources, write articles in a collaborative way (enabling other teachers to comment and review the content included) or simply add lesson notes that they wished to access themselves. I wasn’t sure it would be something of interest or not – would love some honest opinions on whether having a place to upload / engage about resources would be a welcome addition to the website or just a dead space that only 1 or 2 will use. Thoughts? 🙂

Gael Cabado Barreno
    Participant
    @Gael_Cabado_Barreno

Hi everyone,

This is looking great! I am Gael,guitar teacher in London. 🙂

Lewis Leeming
    Participant
    @Lewis_Leeming

Hello fellow shamans of music teaching, I’m one of the late arrivals! Lewis Leeming, teaching guitar in York.

What a fantastic endeavour!

James Barnett
    Participant
    @James_Barnett

Hi Everyone,

I’m James, the piano teacher in Sheffield. I hope everyone is good today and that your week’s lessons are progressing nicely 🙂

Looking forward to getting involved in the forum and also getting to know some of you

James

Alan Richardson
    Participant
    @Alan_Richardson

Apologies for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Alan and I am a guitar teacher based in Sunderland.

Viewing 17 replies - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.