Mama Told Me Not To Come:
– Learn to say “crazy questions”
– Don’t be too strained in verses as they’re not too high. Sounds like you’re over-breathing/tensing up! Try it with an effortlessly speaking level, yet soulful!
– Great run through together!
– Don’t be scared of the loud belting! Hold note on E, try for F
– Loosen up!
Hey There Delilah:
– Great work with the edit – here it is below!
– We’ll get Emilia to add harmonies…
Choose your Greatest Showman duet piece for next time!
Where Ghandi Walked:
– Well done with your first recording – we will re-record next time to improve guitar (changing that D to G in the Chorus)
– To make it longer, either slow it down or double all the verses! (Or both)
– Already sounds better slower as we can hear the…[Read more]
– Try not to slide up to the starting note
– No glottal stop
– Not sliding too far on “bones” and the other words
– Well done with your re-recording – much improved already!
– Especially well done for those on-the-spot harmonies! Have a listen…
– Spend timing learning the “it’s true”…[Read more]
Eyes Closed (Stripped version):
– You can definitely sing it in this key!
– Careful with the 3 note runs on “seem” and make sure it’s pitch perfect when singing with Halsey
– Here are the chords (and use the video to help)
Bm C G G x 2
(Double time) Bm C G G Em D C C
Em C G G x 2
– Watch out for the inversions
– Add bass notes when…[Read more]
– In The Air Tonight (we can make this all nice and piano-y)
– How You Remind Me (possibly mash with Boulevard Of Broken Dreams)
Think about whether you’ll play piano yourself?!
– Beautifully finished! See below 🙂
Love On Top:
– Try it G as below – if you get on with it just as choruses I’ll make a fuller version!
Think of some rock songs to try 🙂
Think about some group songs you’d like to arrange if I put this girl group together…
– Watch out for the “h” (would rather your voice cracks) and leftover air at the end of the note
– Vowel scales, switch to “Ma”
Hoy vuelvoala frontera
Otra vese dia, travesarsh
Es el viento que me manda
Que mempu-ujala frontera (j = h, second “u” goes up)
Y que borra el camino-Que
Detrás desa…[Read more]
Bridge Over Troubled Water:
– Great work on dynamics today (and making me weep!)
– Great adding of harmonies (keep going with it if you can, listen to mine on Soundcloud if you want some ideas)
– Watch out for flat/sharp notes when recording at home – do a fresh take focussing on these points where you’re likely to drift
– Rein it in for…[Read more]
– Really great work on this – it sounds fab so don’t worry – your high notes are fine in head voice and still sound good!
– Work on the connecting sections using the recorded bits on your phone to help
– Go for that octave higher D at the end because it really does sound brilliant so don’t doubt yourself!
GOOD LUCK for the audition!
– Bring the na/yeah sound into vowel sounds so you can add more power to chest voice
Too Good At Goodbyes:
– Great run through, just make sure you bring in more chest voice and keep the lines strong till the end
– Practice to this below track (without the…[Read more]
– Focussed ear training lessons PLUS recording your notes
– Pitch and melodic recall
– Moving melody with your hand THEN singing
– Using bits of melody from A Little Respect with the above techniques
Go back to learning I Get A Kick Out Of You
New songs to try:
– Caravan by Ella Fitzgerald (Semitonal nightmare!)
– All Of Me
– Slow Boat…[Read more]
Crazy In Love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XupRpJ32sKM
– Work on playing it in that style and then learning the melody separately, nice and slowly!
– Learn the rap, then sing-rap it!
Open mic on 1st March 🙂
– Don’t Kill My Vibe
– Something Just Like This (G A Bm) from finger picking to rhythmic chords in the chorus
– Adele – A Million Years Ago?
– Jazz/Soul – look at Song Catalogue
Refer back to plan:
– Beginner Theory (Aim for Grade 5 later)
– A song idea a week, finished song per month…[Read more]
Great first live take – let’s do a full take with more time and without my mistakes (sorry)
– Work on the high bit – it’s not as high as you think but can go higher if you want it to!
I have tidied up the piano backing track so you have something to practice…[Read more]
– When transitioning into falsetto, as it’s low it doesn’t need to be loud or with more air, so keep it light and soft, then add a bit more power when it gets really high!
– Na/yeah to help get that twangy clarity!
– Make some of your vowels more like and “eh” with a smile!
Perfect – Take 2:
– SO much…[Read more]
– Really beautiful – listen below so far. Work on dynamics – not all your energy in the first verse! This was already improved in the lesson
– Loving the harmonies already! Think about some higher ones to try, especially with your higher chorus for later!
– Great focus on tuning for the changes to head voice (in the…[Read more]
- Load More