Harmony Warm Ups:
– Great work and thanks for introducing Justine
Glitter & Gold:
– Great work sorting out the round section. Time to learn the final section!
– Songs for open mic / showcase: Glitter & Gold & Gimme Shelter, Glitter & Gold being the priority
Keep learning – parts to be sent soon! I’ll warn you I have a crazy week ahead so…[Read more]
1.9.18 – Double
Stay With Me:
– Sounded lovely today – find your comfortable soft sound!
I’m Not The Only One:
– Great for range as we said before. Just get to know the melody more
– Great work finishing this – will send separate parts soon!
I Like It / Finesse Mashup:
– Really well done with the Finesse verse & bridge recording! Sounds great as we start adding the double tracking too!
– I’ll edit your track when I have more time! Hectic week ahead… we’ll finish off next week and I’ll probably do the final edit then
Halloween Song Ideas:
Sucker For…[Read more]
– Sing to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPFJ2e6XnM
– Really great work on this! Well prepared and evened out with who sings what. You picked the right parts and complement each other well
– Make sure you both don’t slide up on “never”
– Jasmine: Work on stronger head voice for the “never, never” towards then end
– Throw in a couple more practises to really get used to losing that breathiness – sounded good today!
– Lyrics: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Ni2LhrMtkQzDV3Gsub6OMnZYzpLR-xPO-y9yIbmkgE/edit?usp=sharing
– Keep each line strong right till the end – core connected right to the end of the note
– This would be…[Read more]
– Vowel Scales & Bella Senoras: Sounding great, just keep focusing on your transition – particularly coming back from head voice into chest voice
– Go into head voice earlier when starting to warm up
– Na/yeah scales: Sounding great, especially when you hold the last note!
Somewhere Only We Know:
– GREAT work projecting this…[Read more]
Chest Voice Songs:
– Lovely – Billie (Duet)
– Stone Cold
– Dear evan hansen Waving Through A Window
– Sweater Weather
– Blaenavon (anything) Take Care
Halloween Song Ideas:
– Blaenavon – Let’s Pray
– GREAT work tidying up and completing this! Have emailed you your recording!
Send me whatever you can from your home recording when that’s sorted!
– She Used To Be Mine for 14th Oct performance
– Rolling In The Deep for re-record
– Great work on improving the belting the right way
– Also better supported head voice notes!
– Looking forward to recording on Saturday
Make You Feel My Love:
– Love this for your voice! Focus on clear runs
– Great belting and softness – sets you similar challenges to Believe
– Nice low notes! Keep practising as your voice is changing…
– Great work with recording – emailed so far!
– We shall continue layering next week. In the meantime, think of a new song to work on next!
– Nice and steady with long notes at the end!
– Cher version is great! We’ll record next time 🙂
– Instrumental to sing to (lyrics separately):
Make You Feel My Love / Someone Like You:
– Probably a bit difficult but out of the two I’d go for Make You Feel My…[Read more]
All I Ask:
– New take of All I Ask has been emailed to you
– Great work with the run on “lovers” – perfect!
– Terrific take with the key change onwards
– I mixed up a few old takes on a few lines here and there as you drifted sharp in a few places today. Still some more edits needed as this song just seems to bring out some sharpness in…[Read more]
– Gill: Practice getting the chest voice notes nice and strong but also softening to head voice as you go louder
– Jane: More “na/yeah” to strengthen the chest voice
– Both: Practice the break from chest to head voice and back again!
Lean On Me:
– Great way to practice going over the break in your voice as the melody goes up…[Read more]