Pop of Ages
Todays featured band is Pop of Ages, a 3 to 5 piece pop band!
- Bookable as a 3-6 Piece Pop Band.
- Play a Multi-Era Repertoire.
- Perfect for Reception Wedding Entertainment.
- Experienced Male & Female Vocalists.
- First Dance Song Request As Standard.
- Powerful & Fully PAT Tested PA System.
- Bookable From £750+.
Pop of Ages are a charismatic and energy-fuelled pop performance band based in the south west. Having played over 300 wedding events since their formation in 2000, the group are well-established in the scene and are recognised for their confident and lively stage performances. The group comes armed with a repertoire full of pop hits stretching back as far as the 60’s, giving them the ability to tailor their set lists to cater for audiences of all ages and tastes: filling your dance-floor and keeping your guests entertained throughout the evening!
As a Wedding Band:
Pop of Ages are able to tailor the band to your specific wedding entertainment needs, altering the amount of band members involved in a show as desired by you. This can work in your favour in two ways: optimising the size of the group to suit a tighter budget, or adding members to provide extra performance options such as a saxophonist and a brass section. The band is available as a trio, quartet, 5-piece (features saxophonist) or 6-piece (features brass section).
The group covers hit songs from the 60’s through to the modern era, and features songs from many music genres (with a general focus on pop & rock). This gives the band the means to tailor a performance set to suit your requirements, whether this be a late night disco environment or a show which adapts to your audience to vary the mood and keep your guests on their feet! Pop of Ages also welcome requests to learn the couple’s first dance song (included as standard) and will take requests for other songs not included in their repertoire for an additional fee.
The band owns a PA system (fully PAT-tested and with Public Liability Insurance) which is ideal for indoor performances and can be used outdoors too (though we recommend those wishing to book an outdoor performance organise some sort of weather protection for the band and their equipment if the heavens open!).
““Truly professional, extremely friendly, efficient group of people who made the whole evening a fabulous affair. I would not hesitate to recommend this band to anyone. They are wonderful indeed.” – Alison Schofield, August 2015″
Pop of Ages possess a repertoire that covers a multitude of music eras and genres, made up of an extensive list of songs that takes advantage of music booms in different parts of the world: certain to captivate everyone in every audience. Most of the band’s live performances consist of carefully crafted mash-ups and medleys too, made with non-stop atmosphere in mind. This commitment to providing an electric atmosphere has earned the band a reputation as an events performance group and has given them the opportunity to perform their tried-and-tested repertoire in front of world-famous venues such as the O2 and the Royal Albert Hall.
The full repertoire includes the likes of Beat It & Billie Jean (Michael Jackson), Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson), Shake it Off (Taylor Swift) , Don’t Stop Believing (Journey), Stayin’ Alive (The Bee Gees) and Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran) amongst many more. Expand the headers below to browse Pop of Ages’ repertoire and get an idea of what your wedding show could sound like!
90’s, 00’s and Modern Chart Hits
- Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke)
- Candy – (Robbie Williams)
- Common People – (Pulp)
- Crazy in Love – (Beyoncé)
- Dance with me Tonight – (Olly Murs)
- Domino – (Jessie J)
- Firework – (Katy Perry)
- Get Lucky – (Daft Punk)
- Happy – (Pharell Williams)
- I Don’t Feel Like Dancing (Scissor Sisters)
- I Gotta Feelin’ – (Black Eyed Peas)
- Lady – (Modjo)
- Make Luv – Room 5 ft Oliver Cheatham
- Moves Like Jagger – (Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera)
- Rather Be – (Clean Bandit ft Jess Glynne)
- Relight my Fire – (Take That ft. Lulu)
- Sex on Fire (Kings of Leon)
- Shake it Off – (Taylor Swift)
- That Man – (Caro Emerald)
- Valerie – (Amy Winehouse)
- You Belong To Me – (Bryan Adams)
80’s Rock & Pop
- A Little Respect – (Erasure)
- Don’t Stop Believing – (Journey)
- Don’t Stop me Now – (Queen)
- I Just Can’t Get Enough – (Depeche Mode)
- I Want to Break Free – (Queen)
- Let’s Stick Together – (Roxy Music)
- Livin’ on a Prayer – (Bon Jovi)
- Loveshack – (B52s)
- Nine to Five – (Dolly Parton)
- One Way or Another – (Blondie)
- Summer of ’69 – (Bryan Adams)
- Tainted Love – (Soft Cell)
70’s Pop, Rock, Funk, Soul & Disco
- Beat It – (Michael Jackson)
- Billie Jean – (Michael Jackson)
- Car Wash – (Rose Royce)
- Don’t Stop ’til You Get Enough – (Michael Jackson)
- Everybody Dance – (Chic)
- Good Times – (Chic)
- I Want Your Love – (Chic)
- Lady Marmalade – (Labelle)
- Le Freak – (Chic)
- Long Train Running – (Doobie Brothers)
- Mamma Mia – (Abba)
- Move on Up – (Curtis Mayfield)
- Play That Funky Music – (Wild Cherry)
- September – (Earth Wind & Fire)
- Stayin’ Alive – (The Bee Gees)
- Walking on Sunshine – (Katrina and the Waves)
- Wanna be Starting Something – (Michael Jackson)
- You Can’t Hurry Love – (Diana Ross)
- You Should be Dancing – (The Bee Gees)
““Pop of Ages made our party one to be remembered – they kept us wanting to dance all night with their professional performance and their enthusiasm to ensure everybody enjoyed themselves. Fabulous. We’ll be booking them again.” – Jackie, Aston Manor Cider Brewery, December 2015
Pop of Ages can be booked to play at your wedding from £750+, enquire for tailor made quote for your wedding date by heading over to their website popofages.co.uk.
Melanie Goodwin Riekena
If you like Pop of Ages why not check out another fantastic musician Melanie Goodwin Riekena. Based in the USA Melanie is a folk singer how has released a 2008 entitled Songs of Ascent. The album, influenced by Melanie’s religious background, can be found on both on YouTube as well as Spotify.