I am extremely passionate about music, having played the piano from the age of 5, drums from age 9, guitar from age 14 and bass guitar from age 19. I began gigging as a drummer around the age of 15, and was hooked straight away! I knew then all I wanted to do was play and teach drums professionally, which I’ve been doing now for the last 10 years.
- Many teachers start with a year of marching drum patterns on the snare drum alone – I guarantee you will be playing a full drum beat and drum roll round the kit by the end of your 1st lesson!
- Beginners to advanced all catered for.
- Have worked with children as young as 4 as well as retired adults!
- Parents welcome to sit in on 1st lesson
- Learn on proper acoustic drums, not electric kits as many teachers use!
- Grades or no grades – your choice!
- Musician’s Union registered, fully insured
Music Qualifications / Achievements:
I have played the drums for 26 years, having started at the age of 9! I’ve been a professional session drummer and tutor for around 10 years now, and have played in well over 50 bands up and down the country, as well as performing in Turkey, The Philippines, Thailand, in a wide range of styles and genres.
“Steve has always pushed Shaughan to achieve his best. He has been with Steve for nearly 3 years now and still thoroughly enjoys it.” – Parent of pupil (aged 11)
“My son began his drum kit coaching with Steve four years ago. He is an enthusiastic coach with fantastic rapport with my son. He has progressively taken him through Rock School Drum kit exams with excellent results and is this year preparing him for Grade 6 Drum Kit exams. Under Steve’s guidance, my son won his school’s Battle of the Bands Music competition. I have no reservations in recommending his enthusiastic style of teaching. He has been flexible in accommodating us through our varied schedules.” – Parent of pupil (aged 13)
To book your first lesson with me, or to find out more about my lessons, don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing me on [email protected].