What resources do you use for the students to practise at home? (Singing Teachers)

• What resources do you use for the students to practise at home? (Singing Teachers)

• Eliza Jane Fyfe

April 12, 2014 at 12:01 am

What resources do you all use for the students to practise at home? I feel like I spend an awful lot of time making my piano backing tracks!! It’s great though because I record midi piano and therefore just change the key or rhythm when I need to. It’s also all set up for when the students are ready to properly record πŸ™‚
    I also wanted to talk about apps. There’s a great one called Singer Studio by Erol – for iPhones – it detects your voice and shows you how you hold the tune for scales etc.

• Matt Pocock

April 12, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Oh wow, that’s an awesome idea about the midi piano tracks – hadn’t thought about that at all but a great idea πŸ™‚ I had been thinking of recommending apps for my singers to use but hadn’t found the time – I’ll check that one out πŸ™‚

• Matt Pocock

April 12, 2014 at 3:10 pm

I keep my lesson notes in Evernote, which means I’m able to share a permanent link with my students which updates every time we have a lesson. All free too! Here’s an example:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s151/sh/3f63dc89-3902-403a-84cb-0c189692de99/98f7246c51dbe30b3b69771ccad0b141

• Matt Pocock

April 12, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Also means I can put links to articles that I’ve written on the various concepts we’ve been talking about, so they can access the information at home πŸ™‚

• Beckie Tunnicliffe

April 13, 2014 at 2:23 am

For backing tracks I use Youtube, that way the student can then use the exact same track that we have practiced with in the lesson πŸ™‚ I also record myself playing piano in the lesson if I am accompanying or having to transpose to a different key just using my iPad.

A brilliant app I have found – it’s called Virtuoso and it’s free, it’s a ‘piano’ on your phone/iPad and you can practice scales/arpeggios and sing along, so really good for warm ups πŸ™‚

• Eliza Jane Fyfe

April 13, 2014 at 2:25 am

How do you transpose on the iPad?

• Beckie Tunnicliffe

April 13, 2014 at 2:26 am

Oh sorry, I meant I record myself using the iPad, I usually use ultimate-guitar.com to transpose songs to different keys! XD

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now